Colonnade Advisors, LLC: In the late 1990’s, a small team of investment bankers from a large, elite institution came to a realization: Life is too precious to waste on unproductive face-time with bosses, marathon planning sessions, unnecessary travel, and meaningless bureaucratic baloney. They walked out and set up shop in 1999, and Colonnade Advisors was born!
Over the years we have embraced the virtues of boutique investment banking – Focus on the client’s needs above all other considerations, Expertise that comes from deep industry knowledge and years of transaction experience, and Results that bring positive change to the lives of our clients and greatly improve the prospects of the companies we serve. We compete every day with firms that are much larger than we are, and we succeed by digging deeper and working smarter. Our deals range in size from $30 – $500 million.
We offer a unique experience to bright, high-potential young professionals seeking to build an investment banking career. Every one of our team members is important to our success, and we treat them with the respect they deserve. We have the flexibility and informality of a small company and the rigor and expectations of a world-class investment bank. Every team member interacts with Colonnade’s clients; no one is locked in a back room, endlessly working on mindless tasks. Our organization is as flat as it can be; you will work every day with senior bankers and get the exposure and training that only comes from that type of teamwork.
If you have the energy, brains, and desire to become an investment banker but hate the idea of spending years as a cog in a big investment banking machine, Colonnade could be the place for you!
Investment Banking Analyst
As an investment banking analyst, you will provide analytical support on mergers and acquisitions and capital raising transactions. Our small deal team size provides analysts the opportunity to work with senior investment bankers and key management from client companies on a daily basis.
You will assume a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Developing company valuations and financial models
- Developing transaction marketing materials including selling memoranda, management presentations and pitch books
- Conducting industry and company research and analysis
- Acting as a point of contact throughout the transaction process
- Attending client meetings
- Managing due diligence processes
- Developing financial services industry and transaction expertise and staying current on industry developments
- Gaining an understanding of the interests and investment criteria of private equity firms
Candidates for the program will possess the following qualifications:
- A strong work ethic, detail orientation and a passion for excellence
- At least one year of work experience in investment banking, corporate development, corporate finance, consulting or accounting
- The ability to excel in both team and self-directed settings
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3.5 GPA, preferably in applied mathematics, engineering, economics, or accounting
- Mastery of Excel and experience with Word and Powerpoint
Things to Consider Before You Interview
- You will be asked to prepare a case analysis including building a financial model in Excel
- You should be prepared to discuss the following during your interview:
- What do you know about the investment banking industry?
- Why are you interested in a career in this industry?
- What have you done to prepare yourself to be an investment banking analyst?
- Why is Colonnade the right place for you?
To be considered for the position please contact Danielle Flynn at email@example.com.